Before Your Surgery
- PLEASE DO NOT eat any solid food or drink any liquids EIGHT HOURS PRIOR TO YOUR SURGERY. Not following these instructions may be life threatening.*
- The night before surgery, eat a light, easily digestible meal and consume NO alcoholic beverages.
- Drink eight (8) glasses of water or juice throughout the day prior to your surgery.
- No smoking - Nicotine is a vaso constrictor that delays healing and impairs lung function. Refrain from smoking for one week prior to surgery and for two weeks after.
- Plan who will accompany you to your surgery. Your driver must remain in the office during your procedure. Plan your menu after your surgery and have the recommended “post-surgery” foods on hand prior to your surgery.
- If you have been given Peridex, start rinsing two days before surgery, two times a day.
- TRY TO RELAX. We will take good care of you.
* If having IV sedation and your appointment is scheduled in the afternoon, you may drink water, apple juice or coffee with nondairy creamer as long as you stop 3 hours before your appointment (no solid food). If you are not having the IV sedation than eat and drink normally before coming in for you appointment.